Sunday, September 9, 2012

Easy Children's Clothing Resale from your home


With the way my kids grow these days, children's re-sale shops are a great way to save my family money. Gone are the old, stinky thrift stores from our parents days that may not only cast a stench but a social stigma. Today's mom finds the newer children's clothing re-sale stores to be a great way to save money and even make a little money if you play your cards right.

Children's resale stores have quality clothing items that have been hand picked by a discerning mom who displays your child's outgrown, quality used items and merchandises them in a beautiful store setting. Not only can it be cost conscious but eco-conscience as well.

For me the issue has not been having enough good condition clothing items to sell, it's been having the time to go from one store to another...  In walks the online company threadUP.com into my life. thredUP pays you to recycle the clothing your child has outgrown and helps you shop for quality items from your own home.

Very simply, I requested a thead UP bag that came by mail, I double checked all the clothes I wished to sell for cleanliness and quality, I loaded up the bag, dropped it off by UPS (free postage!) and I waited for my email.  I was thrilled when the email came that I had $34 credit that could be cashed out or used as credit.  While I find their buying policy to be similar in pricing and standards from the stores in our area, I was thrilled to save my gas and time by not having to run around town dropping off my resale items.  It could not have been more convenient.

My lot of clean used clothing

Now I have an empty threadUP bag in my laundry room.  When I see a clothing item that is ready for re-sale, I drop it in the bag.  When my bag is filled up, I'll take it to UPS and hope for a decent payout.
If you want to give it a try,  use this link: threadup and join today for a $10 discount on your first clothing purchase. I think you're gonna love 'em!

No comments:

Post a Comment