Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Where We Got Our Name

The name Binkys and BonBons came from a joke between my husband and I.  As we muddle through this life of parenting 5 children, my husband will often call from work and ask, "What are you doing?".  Instead of initially hitting him with the sometimes messy truth of a frazzled stay-at -home mom, my reply would often start with,  "Oh you know...watching soaps and eating bonbons."   It was a great way to remind myself not to take life so seriously.   Yes, parenting is the hardest job in the world.  Yes, I often fail at my goal of keeping faith and family at the center of my busy life.  But one day, I will have time to sit on the couch and eat bonbons...and I will miss these days.  Im sure of it!

-Jen C. for Binkys and Bonbons

No comments:

Post a Comment